Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Year Zero: The Pain Feels Different Now

True Believers!

Thank you for all of your support in my Facebook page! I ask that you share this blog with a friend who is struggling with weight and body image issues as my Facebook page will not be made available to everyone.

Today, Dec 26, 2012 is my one year mark towards getting healthy and smaller. When I started this journey I was in tremendous physical, mental, and dare I say spiritual pain due to years of carrying a morbidly obese body around.

Now, I'm in a bit of pain due to delayed onset muscle soreness and the conditioning of a beginner's CrossFit class! Private Pyle must die.

The pain tastes better now. And there shall be no sweeter taste then completing this transformation and winning the heart of a lovely red-haired maiden! (a running theme for those new to my ramblings)

I'm a bit behind on the back story and I'll publish it in bits. Much of it is painful to recall and deeply personal but I want to get you some numbers first. We all love/hate them, right?

Starting suit jacket: size 68
Current suit jacket: 58 long!

Starting pants: size 66
Current pants: size 48-50!

Starting t shirt: 6XL
Current t shirt: 2XL (I prefer 2xl tall)

Starting dress shirt: neck 24, sleeve 38
Current dress shirt: neck 20, sleeve 38

And finally...starting weight was over 550lbs unknown
Beginning recorded weight: 536
One year later recorded weight: 392

144lbs lost. This is 31 shy of my goal.

There is no miracle product or supplement. Only hard work and dedication will achieve your goals and these things must come from within you. I'll do my best to share my successes and failures so that others fighting their own battles can learn. It's all about the exchange of information. I want to help as many people as possible win their fight!

Follow my nutrition/calorie counts on the following FREE apps Myfitnesspal: ProfMarvel
And my movements on Fitocracy: ProfMarvel

There's a fabulous podcast called Cut The Fat that I highly recommend. Start with the first five in order for the basics. They aren't selling you secrets, they are exchanging years of data driven science on healthy living.

Ever Forward, One Step Beyond!
JW













2 comments:

  1. Hi! My friend Leah sent me a link about your page and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Crystal and I live in Columbus, Ohio. My starting weight was 419, had gastric bypass 12/14/2011 and am currently at 235. I have struggled big time with the physical changes because emotionally I don't feel I was ready for it. Look forward to hearing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal, I apologize for the delay in response but I've only been using the app and didn't see your comment. I considered the surgery but deep down knew I wasn't mentally ready. I watched a former co-worker return to work from a gastric bypass only to shove Twinkies down her throat. You really have to confront the mental and emotional aspects of obesity just as hard as the nutritional choices you make. I wish you the best, please keep in touch.

      Delete