Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Private Pyle's 20th Anniversary

True Believers! Did Private Pyle eat 20 jelly donuts? No, he prefers maple creme filled. And two weeks ago was in a donut eating frenzy. Still stress eating...

After a breakfast chat with my mental counterpart and colleague, I decided to conduct an experiment. It involves me utilizing more hard data. I've taken measurements and have scheduled another BodPod composition test to help determine the effectiveness of my CrossFit training. Once a month for the next three months I will post the tale of the tape.


I'll go into the details later in another blog but I need to note more actualization that happened via other conversations first and make a big announcement.

My little brother messages me after we'd met up for his birthday celebration. His words struck a chord deep within my psyche. The last sentence of his message was "I'm ready to be the person I know I have the potential to be." This message couldn't have come at a better time.

Perhaps mentally I'm not ready to be the arse kicker I know I can be? Perhaps I'm not willing to keep shoveling dirt on the grave of Private Pyle?

I work in a business, that shan't be mentioned due to legal bindings, that brings me into contact with men who struggle with their weight. Some struggle more than others but they all have one common factor: their size limits and dictates life choices.

Several of my clients have shared that they got to the drop zone which I'm currently in- near 160lbs lost. This is the same range many of them lost focus. I cannot take my eye off the ball again. They have reminded me that NOW is my new critical turning point and I cannot thank them enough!

Oh, and about that 20? As of today I can fit into a relax fit size 46 jeans; I started this game at a size 66. The scale is starting to move again and my mindset is improving daily! I want to be at least 60lbs lighter and in the 42 jeans 44 dress slacks range by August. I've got a Warrior Dash to conquer! And a Private Pyle to kill :)

Keep moving ever forward, one step beyond!
J.W.





1 comment:

  1. Jimmie you are doing an awesome job! Don't focus on the stress of this being the"critical turning point", just keep moving forward and you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete